Sunday, July 31, 2016

Black Bottom Cupcakes!

Happy August!! Its officially baby month around here and I couldn't be more excited!! The countdown is ON! That means I should probably start washing all of the newborn clothes, getting her carseat ready and possibly consider packing a hospital bag...its funny how different things are from having your first child, to your second to even your third. I remember with our first I started preparing her room and clothes months in advance.. folding every piece of clothing perfectly, putting it all in order in her drawers to quickly find out that when you are having a newborn diaper "malfunction" in the moment all those perfectly folded sorted clothes are getting tossed around in a desperate cry for help! This past week I feel like baby girl went through a major growth spurt. My shirts aren't quite fitting the same and when she moves it literally feels like she is trying to escape from my belly. Also I have had a few people comment on how I look like my belly has "dropped" and the question of "when am I going to have this baby already?" has been asked a few times too. As I am typing this she is very active and actually kicking the table that is in front of me so I have to sit very far back just to try and get comfortable (which isn't quite comfortable at all!). My previous two babes were both 3 days early, but I was induced with both of them. We will see!!

Last Friday I made Black Bottoms for the book study group my husband attends at church. It was his week to bring in a snack and I knew from the moment I found out that I had to make these for everyone. It also gave me a reason to bake up two batches of them, one for church and one for home ;) This recipe has been very popular on my moms side of the family and probably one of my (and many others) favorite dessert. They are a special part of my childhood, and my grandma, who I call Gya, is one of the reasons this recipe is in our family. They are a very big hit with everyone who has ever tried them and usually if you bring them to a party you will come home with an empty plate (which is the reason why you would make an extra batch for home!). Moist Chocolate Cake (sorry to all who can't stand the word MOIST) with a Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Center. Delicious right from the oven but the best when served cold. I have seen a few different recipes for these that seem very similar but almost all of them use white vinegar instead of apple cider vinegar. Trust me when I say that these are absolutely delicious. Give them a try and let me know how much you love them too! 






Black Bottom Cupcakes 

Ingredients/Directions:

Combine in a Medium Bowl:
1- 8oz Package Cream Cheese Softened 
1 Egg
1/3 Cup Sugar
1/8 Tsp Salt
Beat well till all ingredients are combined then 
Stir in 6 oz Chocolate Chips

Combine the following ingredients in a separate Large Bowl:
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Cup Water
1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tsp Vanilla
Beat well till all ingredients are combined.

Fill 24 cupcake liners equally with the chocolate mixture. Then drop equal spoonfuls of the cheesecake mixture onto the top of each cupcake liner filled with the chocolate mixture. 

Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees

Patiently wait until they cool and then refrigerate till cold.
Best when served COLD!!

Makes 24

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment